I don’t know about you guys/groom’s to be out there but sometimes the vain of my life is shaving. Perhaps it is my innate hatred of morning or maybe its my latest installation of winter laziness but sometimes shaving my face in the morning can be a pain….especially with a blunt razor.
There is nothing worse than trying to remove the last remnants of pesky hair from your face with something as sharp as a worn sponge. What makes matters worse is after you’ve cleaned the blade, washed away any foam that remains on your face and dry your face completely, there is always that ‘hidden patch’. That one section of your face where the hair cleverly eluded the razor no matter what you did and the only time you notice it is later in the bathroom when you are checking yourself out in the mirror.
The problem with blunt razors is you never know when it happens. It sneaks up on you like some unsharpened criminal. It then laughs in your face and makes fun of you at your most vulnerable, in the morning when you are effectively still asleep.
I then came across this company, The Dollar Shave club and suddenly I felt that there was a razor guardian angel out there. For a few dollars per month, they will send you fresh blades to your door. That means no more searching through bathroom cabinets hoping your wife/partner has not used them. It means no more languishing in the aisle of a pharmacy wondering if 2 blades are better than 3 while the lady beside you figures that a hot pink is good for her 70 year old hair. It means finally, someone is thinking of your face, a man’s face.
So in honor of this great idea and as they pride themselves on ‘helping people NOT have to “squeeze” too much use out of their razors by providing great razors that are shipped right to your door for as low as a buck a month!’ I thought I would show you something that you should and should not squeeze too much off.
What you should squeeze?
- Juice Cartons: There is always the smallest little drop left in that last section of juice carton. Especially the small ones. There is never enough juice in those!
- Spots: okay those in the know tell you not to squeeze them but the pleasure one can get from squeezing a good spot can be more satisfying than your first morning coffee.
- Garlic press: If you like cooking then one very satisfying squeeze is a garlic press. It can also result in a very tasty meal.
- Limes: This squeeze is for the cocktails you will be having. The more limes, the more cocktails. After a few cocktails, it gets surprisingly hard to squeeze.
- Your Fiancee: Its great to squeeze them tightly on a cold windy night.
What you should NOT squeeze!
- A tiger cub: I would refrain from this: It will result in maiming or at the very best you come away with your face intact. (You’ll probably not need razors after squeezing a tiger cub)
- A large guy on public transport: Not a good idea, especially in the morning if you try and squeeze the stomach of an overweight commuter. It tends to end badly for all concerned.
- A skunk: No need to explain this one.
- Your Fiancee: I know I said already you should squeeze them but if your fiancee has brittle bones, I probably wouldn’t go there.
So if you have got through those rules of squeezing and you still have a face and are happy, why not try this dollar shave club idea. I think its a great idea as the executive model suits my ‘sensitive skin’.
And be sure to stalk them:
All opinions are my own and this post has not been sponsored nor received compensation for these views.