It is fair of me to say that 2018, for me, was utterly crap. There are few things that could have happened to make it much worse and while I don’t go into all that made the past year a bad one for me, I do touch on one of the major things that happened and the main reason for my absence online during 2018 in the below video. [Watch it, if you’d like to catch up.]
I’m not sure if I’d call myself a positive person but I do work very hard to be one.
Don’t get me wrong, I have many dark days and days where rinsing my mouth with mouth wash is my only achievement. But I try my best and at the end of the day that is all any of us can do. I do this by:
- Switching to positive thoughts when I notice negative ones creeping in.
- I do not watch the news or read a newspaper.
- I dissociate myself from people, places, TV, books and things that are negative or make me feel negative.
- I meditate most nights before bed [read: I fall asleep to a positive meditation tape.]
- I give myself a ‘good talking to’ when I need it.
- When I can, I do nice things, for other people, whether that’s hold a door or just smile at them.
- I hug my husband A LOT… no better feeling, or place to be.
Many who know me have said that 2019 will be ‘my year’ – that they can feel it in their waters! I don’t want to seem ungrateful but I hate to hear this. Truthfully, they have NO idea what 2019 holds for me. Of course this is their way of saying they wish me the very best, and I appreciate that, but 2019 could be the best year yet, it could also find much worse outcomes than 2018; although I dread to think what they are.
I suppose, thinking about it now, perhaps I’m not a positive person. Perhaps I am a realist with a positive outlook?
Each year I have goals. Who doesn’t I hear you think. But…
Its only recently, in the past few years I’ve learnt how to achieve my goals. Sounds odd, I know. But its true. For many, many years, I would right goals and expect, through magic, they would happen! Are you the same?
This year, 2019 I have 3 main goals that I have broken down into further achievements. In the video I share with you my 3 main goals and I promised on my blog I would share with you their sub-divisions…. so here they are:
Be more resourceful with my time
- Journal every day for at least 15 minutes
- Read 1 book every 2 weeks; alternating between non-fiction and fiction
- Train Sasha: sit, stay, come, down off guests and socialize her more.
- Have 1 dinner party per month
- Be a more thoughtful friend – send a card or give someone a ‘catch up call’ at least every 2 weeks.
- Have at least 2 date nights a month with James
Create inspiring environments
- Renovate the office by February 1st
- Renovate the Garden by May 1st
- Konmari the house and my life by July 31st [Priorities are: attic, shed and digital]
- Get up to date on all photo and memory keeping by December 18th
Plan for the future
- Have a baby by December 25th
- Loose 2 stone by March 29th
- Write Starlight Suppers by December 18th
- Make money from content creation [Blog/YouTube/Writing] – €6,000
- Save €2k by June 30th
- Start an Investment Portfolio [ Combine James’ Pensions ] in March 2019
- Assess all Debt and make a plan to clear ASAP in January 2019
- Decide, one and for all, what to do with The Wedding Expert in January 2019
If you’re looking for help in actually setting and achieving goals I do have a separate video on that here that you can check out.
Do you have big goals for 2019? What do you do to ensure your success? Or do you find yourself getting so far each year but never fully achieving what you set out to do? Let me know in the comments below; perhaps we can help each other.
The images in this post are from Pexels.com and Pixabay.com