I’m Bláithín, an Irish gal with an American twang [so I’m told] living in Dublin. My Irish name, when translated to English, means Little Flower. I’m in my 30’s, married and live in a quiet coastal town with my darling hubby, James, adorable Son Indiana James
I retired from my
If I was to put a label on what I’m doing now, I’m a full-time mum who is an Author & Lifestyle Enthusiast and loving it!
I’m [rather ambitously] working on my third, fourth, and fifth books simultaneously. Mostly because the fog of baby brain seems to be lifting and I’m terrified if I don’t seize the moment it will return and I’ll be able for nothing ever again. You can find out a little more about these 3 books and the 2 I have already published here.
Through this blog I will share little tasters of what you can expect in the books and there are going to be some pretty cool ‘added extras’ for those on my pre-order mailing list so be sure to sign up! I’ll also be sharing about my life, my big weight loss journey, and house renovation projects, and all the other fun [and not so fun] stuff I get up to.
[If you weren’t convinced already] Reasons to convince you I’m interesting and you should regularly read my blog:
1. I am a twin; my sibling did not survive the pregnancy.
2. I successfully potty trained and gave up my dummy at 3 years. #winning
3. I had an imaginary dog, called dog, as a child [I now have a real dog, a Maltese called Sasha Star]#dreamsdocometrue
4. When I was 5 I put my baby brother in the fireplace so that Santa would take him back, he did not; I was disgusted. Thankfully I got over the disgust and now love my brother.
5. I started learning music at 5 and soon [read: after much blood, sweat and tears] became a concert flutist. As a child and teenager I played for many important people in big fancy buildings.
6. I turned down the opportunity to be Alice in Wonderland in a movie to go to a friend’s birthday party. #regrets
7. I am dyslexic. #doesnotholdmeback
8. I have PCOS
9. I became an Air Hostess at 18, on my first day on the job I got on the wrong plane, for the wrong airline and started counting passengers. #morto
10. Because of a square inch of land I own in Scotland you can officially call my Lady Bláithín.
11. I was an Interior Designer before I became a Wedding Planner.
12. I’ve been proposed to 7 times. I said yes twice and I’ve been married once to the same wonderful man for 12 years and counting.
13. I am an author and have 2 published books. [And am writing my third]
14. I’ve planned 1000’s of weddings, which include Royal and Celebrity weddings.
15. I am the daughter of a Knight & Dame.
16. I was born with a tumor that I had removed 33 years later.
17. I was infertile for 35 years.
18. I have 2 daughters in heaven, Riley & Sophia.
19. My biggest fears in life are; the dentist, spiders and that my husband will die before me.
20. I plan to run a bookstore and be the town’s official cat lady in my twilight years; my goal is 50 cats.